An article from the Huffington Post highliting the positive effects Greek Life has on individuals and the community!
To end the year on a positive note, the Greek Community had some great programming:
- Panhel Mixer- social event where Greek women socialized and decorated luminaries for Relay for Life
- Baby Shower Fundraiser- philanthropic event to raise money for Troy’s Unity House.
- Respect Your Body Week- a week promoting positive body image, girls can stop in DCC Great Hall to participate.
- Greek Weekend-Greek life hosts several events throughout the weekend, including a movie night and block party. It gives the Greek community a chance to wear letters and represent Greek life in a positive way.
- Panhel/IFC Community Service- took place at the Robert Parker school on May 14th.
This past Saturday, Alpha Phi had their third annual Red Dress Gala at the Hilton Garden Inn Troy. With 133 people attending, they raised more than $3000 for the Alpha Phi Foundation, an organization that supports women’s cardiac care and leadership development. The gala included a nice dinner, along with a silent auction and gift card raffle, for Alpha Phi alumnae, sisters, and their families.
The Tau Chapter of Alpha Omega Epsilon
is turning 5 years old and our Alumnae Chapter is being installed on Saturday April 9th, 2011!
While only sisters will be present at the Installation an Birthday Ceremony, we would like to invite you to join us for a Celebratory Reception at 2pm in Room 3602 in the Rensselaer Union. Light refreshments will be served.
We hope to see you there.
Corresponding Secretary and Alumnae Relations
Alpha Omega Epsilon
Panhel hosted a Facebook Workshop on Monday April 4th at 7pm in DCC 324. This program was intended to show women how to conduct themselves appropriately on Facebook, particularly in regards to tagged photos. The presentation featured a slideshow with anonymous photos of Greek women at RPI and a discussion as to why or why not the photo was appropriate for the internet.
Last night Alpha Phi hosted Bowl Your Heart Out at Uncle Sam Lanes, a fundraiser in support of their philanthropy: The Alpha Phi Foundation for women’s cardiac care. There were 158 bowlers, and $666.00 was raised for the foundation. Thank you to everyone who came out in support and congratulations to the ladies of Alpha Phi!
The Panhellenic Website is currently undergoing some changes. Please refer any questions to Sydney Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for understanding, we hope to be back shortly.