Posts in category Programming
To end the year on a positive note, the Greek Community had some great programming:
- Panhel Mixer- social event where Greek women socialized and decorated luminaries for Relay for Life
- Baby Shower Fundraiser- philanthropic event to raise money for Troy’s Unity House.
- Respect Your Body Week- a week promoting positive body image, girls can stop in DCC Great Hall to participate.
- Greek Weekend-Greek life hosts several events throughout the weekend, including a movie night and block party. It gives the Greek community a chance to wear letters and represent Greek life in a positive way.
- Panhel/IFC Community Service- took place at the Robert Parker school on May 14th.
Panhel hosted a Facebook Workshop on Monday April 4th at 7pm in DCC 324. This program was intended to show women how to conduct themselves appropriately on Facebook, particularly in regards to tagged photos. The presentation featured a slideshow with anonymous photos of Greek women at RPI and a discussion as to why or why not the photo was appropriate for the internet.
Last night Alpha Phi hosted Bowl Your Heart Out at Uncle Sam Lanes, a fundraiser in support of their philanthropy: The Alpha Phi Foundation for women’s cardiac care. There were 158 bowlers, and $666.00 was raised for the foundation. Thank you to everyone who came out in support and congratulations to the ladies of Alpha Phi!